Learn more about the different types of holographic materials we offer and learn how to make the best holographic stickers.
How To Make Holographic Stickers
Our Prismatic Holographic material is an eye catching and bold option. The repeating squares of holographic material within it create a 3D effect that is sure to mesmerize and captivate onlookers. This is the kind of sticker you could expect to see at a festival or Phish show.
- Bold, minimal, straight forward designs
- Creating a 3D effect
- The most eye catching holographic option
Matte Holographic material is smoother and less shiny than classic holographic or prism holographic. It has a more subtle sheen look to it. To us, it’s a modern and unique twist on the classic holographic look.
- Text Based Designs (The shine doesn’t take away from legibility)
- Modern “sleek” twist on holographic stickers.
Things to consider:
- not as shiny as prism or classic holographic
The Iridescent Holographic material is the classic holographic background you know and love. It gives off a shiny, rainbow effect– adding dimension and color to your design.
Things to Consider:
- Classic holographic material that you’ve most likely seen before.
- Request to add a layer of white under your colors to ensure maximum visibility and contrast.
Our Glitter finish is another one of our specialty products. These stickers will shine and glimmer with a holographic sparkle effect. Definitely an eye catching option, this finish could be considered the most “blinged” out of our holographic options.
Things to Consider:
- Not your average holographic finish, these stickers will have sparkly finish that looks a bit like dots of glitter.
What Is a Holographic Sticker?
Holographic stickers are stickers that have been printed on material that has a special iridescent-like effect. They have a rainbow sheen that, when covered in ink, provides a “holographic” background. When these stickers catch the light, they flash all the colors of the rainbow.
Aside from the iridescent-effect vinyl that the stickers are printed on, holographic stickers are made in the same way as many other types of stickers. Ink is printed onto the material’s surface, and then a layer of clear laminate is fused with high pressure over the ink. This final layer ensures that the sticker is highly durable as well as water & sun resistant. This makes holographic stickers perfect for use in outdoor applications.
How Is Holographic Vinyl Made?
Holographic vinyl begins as a thin layer of metal applied to a polyester film, which is then thinly embossed. The embossing is so thin that you can’t feel it, but you can see it! The embossing causes light reflecting off the metal surface to diffract, which creates the iridescent effect.
The embossing pattern is what creates different effects. This is why there are multiple types of holographic vinyl, including glitter, matte iridescent, iridescent and others.
How to Make Holographic Stickers
- Step 1: Start with a blank file. We accept a variety of art files including .ai, .pdf or .jpeg. Vector artwork (.ai or .pdf) is best, but if you’re working with a raster file, we recommend at least 300 pixels per inch.
- Step 2: Create your design! See our tips to design the best holographic stickers below for helpful suggestions. You can also contact us for questions or information about the design and upload process. We can be reached at 844-678-4259.
- Step 3: Send us your design. Start by creating an account through our secure online portal. Our platform will walk you through the process step-by-step.
4 Tips to Design the Best Holographic Stickers
- Black and white adds the most contrast against holographic material.
- Leave “empty” space in your design for the holographic material to show through.
- In general, lighter colors blend more with holographic material, while darker colors stand out.
- Try increasing the saturation of your colors to make your design stand out!